Nowadays the variety of fireplace ideas and designs can make you overwhelmed in choosing the right one. Many people got confused in gas or electric fireplaces. The designs are numerous in both choices. But having an electric fireplace has its advantages and disadvantages. But definitely, it has many benefits than gas fireplaces as it is easy to operate and provides more convenience. And talking about the safety profile fireplaces electric are safer than gas fireplaces. If you opt for gas, wood or oil burning fireplaces you have to maintain their burning fuel regularly making its maintenance much difficult than fireplace electric.
Types of Electric Fireplace Inserts
The fireplaces electric also have two options for facilitating the people who want to do less renovation in their already installed fireplace.
• The first choice is to get a four-sided boxed electric plug-in insert fireplace electric unit. It can fit in a firebox or any design place for the fireplace. It comes in various sizes so you can get according to your space of fireplace.
• The second choice is for the people who want to replace their gas or wood fireplaces with an electric one but don’t want to renovate. The electric fireplace logs can insert into your existing wood or gas fireplaces.
Both types of fireplace electric inserts only need an electric socket to operate. The electric fireplaces come pre-wired, so it involves no messy installation.
Related post: Fireplace design
Why Getting an Electric Fireplace Is a Good Deal?
You might be wondering that why you head over to an electric fireplace. It is because:
• A really simple thing to install and operate.
• It does not involve regular chimney or unit maintenance for keeping good performance like gas or wood-burning fireplaces.
• Does not produce smelly fumes as you can experience in wood, oil or coal burning fireplaces.
• It comes with a higher safety profile in comparison to other fireplaces in which you have to install safety barriers or screens.
• Being highly safe and cool to touch it is also suitable for kids roaming around in your house.
• The start-up or the operational time is minimal in comparison to other fireplaces. It lights up instantly and starts warming you immediately on a chilly cold day or night.
• The lightning flame effect can add to the ambiance of your room.
How Electric Fireplaces Work?
The electric fireplaces come with a heating element which does the job of providing heat. It works by heating the cool air drawn from your room internally and then forcing the heated or warmed air back into your room by way of the preinstalled fan in the unit. On the other hand, some fireplace electric work on the infrared technology by which they provide direct heating in your room giving you a warm feeling in the cold.
Concluding the whole thing about it these are convenient regarding installation, maintenance, operation, and safety. Therefore, getting an electric fireplace instead of traditional gas fireplaces is a wise choice.